Development Manager, Corporate Giving & Partnerships
The College Diabetes Network is seeking a strategic and experienced fundraising professional to join our committed team as we embark on our second decade. You will build on a well-established corporate funding program to expand existing partnerships; engage new corporate donors across sectors; and increase corporate funding. We are looking for a fantastic relationship-builder and business development professional who can communicate CDN’s mission persuasively across mediums to build robust revenue pipelines.
CDN is at a point of significant growth and launching exciting new initiatives. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to bring their voice to the decision-making table, but also to continue to develop their skills and abilities by seeking out and executing new development strategies for the organization.
Understanding the specific challenges faced by those Type 1 Diabetes is advantageous, but not required. However, a strong candidate would be able to demonstrate empathy for the ongoing challenges facing young adults with a chronic disease and would develop their own impassioned way to share the CDN mission with partners and donors.
As our Development Manager, Business & Corporate Partnerships, you will:
- Serve as the lead corporate relationship-builder, in partnership with the CEO, to build and retain our corporate donor base
- Manage all aspects of corporate giving, including current Corporate Member stewardship, new partner cultivation, proposal management, forecasting and deliverables tracking
- Manage our corporate donor portfolio, employing strategic moves management to cultivate and secure annual commitments
- Work closely with program, communications and other staff to ensure that development messaging is aligned with program delivery and organization branding
- Develop new revenue streams through corporate partnerships including fee for service, cause marketing and point of purchase opportunities
- Engage with corporate and partner representatives at CDN and diabetes sector events
- Coordinate and manage the Corporate Member Advisory Council meetings and deliverables
- Work closely with the Board of Directors Industry Mission Advancement Committee to achieve goals
- Work closely with CEO to manage comprehensive corporate development initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of corporate fundraising experience (relevant business development or consulting experience may also be considered)
- Proven success building a revenue-producing portfolio of corporate partnerships (new business development and account management)
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, engage and steward relationships across diverse stakeholders
- Ability to creatively and strategically match program offerings to funding partner goals and objectives
- Well-honed writing skills and ability to craft proposals, presentations and grants that win funding
- Proficiency with CRM/donor databases and funding platforms; experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and contribute to a healthy team dynamic
- Experience speaking and presenting in public
- Occasional evenings, weekends and travel (when travel resumes)
- Authorized to work in the US
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
CDN is headquartered in Boston, MA but our team is currently working remotely. This position can continue remote post-COVID but proximity to key metro areas in MA, NY, IL, DC, CA, NV, NC, FL, TX is a plus.
We are unable to consider applicants residing outside of the US.
Submit your resume and a thoughtful cover note outlining your interest and relevant experience from our. Applications without a cover note will not be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.