Senior Manager, US Govt Business Development
serving as the champion for large, complex and /or strategic bids for the US Government, guiding an effective, successful bid process that leverages the US office as well as other Action Against Hunger offices around the world. They will effectively work with all parts of the organization including human resources, finance, compliance, and communications to ensure all support services are engaged in the proposal development process. In this capacity, they will act as the principal proposal manager working closely with all internal programmatic departments to track, research, resource, and submit high-quality bids on Action Against Hunger’s most important USG projects. Working with our technical advisors, the Senior Manager ensures each opportunity is embraced and incorporated into the country strategic plan.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Define and advocate for a new process for identifying and securing new funding from USG.
- Track and report upcoming USG opportunities that strategically align with Action Against Hunger
- Inform and make bid recommendations on all USG opportunities
- Oversee prepositioning, proposal development, production and submission of major bids and proposals, ensuring that proposals meet funder specifications and deadlines and quality standards.
- Identify proposal teams, outlining roles and responsibilities, and managing the proposal develop process.
- Provide guidance on funding opportunities and collaboration with US donors (in particular USAID and BHA, OFDA, PRM) regarding how to engage with USG opportunities for Action Against Hunger’s network.
- Work with the Grants Operation team to manage the relationship with US Donors in Washington DC, in particular USAID and BPRM.
- Structure and manage a consortium of institutional partners for proposal development and submission, particularly for complex, large-scale programs.
- Design new processes and identify resource needs to continue to build on current business development activities.
- Monitor new business opportunities, marshaling decisions on which opportunities to pursue - in close coordination with other departments.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA?
- Bachelors degree required, Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant business development institutional experience (or equivalent).
- Successful track record in USG proposal writing and production for public sector donors.
- Demonstrated skills organizing teams to produce high-quality proposals on a tight deadline.
- Proven successful track record with proposals to USAID and other large donors.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of USAID policies/procedures.
- Technical knowledge of nutrition, health systems, food security and/or WASH programming is a plus.
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations.
- Excellent planning and resource management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Fluency in English, French, and Spanish is desired.
- Ability to multitask with ease and grace, balancing and adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Advanced negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- High proficiency in developing and managing a budget.
- Ability to willingness to travel overseas, up to 20% of the time