Design Team Manager
Disruptive Advertising is a Digital Marketing Agency committed to growing both the businesses that trust us and our employees. We specialize in Paid Search, Paid Social, Email Marketing, Website Optimization and Analytics. We are a fast-growing team of professional digital marketers. Our clients look to Disruptive Advertising to expand their digital marketing footprint and create growth for their business by winning at life and business together.
We have been in business since 2013, our offices are located in the beautiful city of Pleasant Grove, Utah where one side of our office overlooks the towering Wasatch Mountain Range, and the other has stunning views of Utah lake. In 2020 Disruptive Advertising received several awards, including: Utah Business Magazine's Best Companies to Work For, UV50 Fastest growing companies and Digital.com 2020 Best Advertising & Marketing Agencies. In 2019 we were highlighted in USA Today as one SLC's Best Companies to Work For" and in Glassdoor as "Best Places to Work” at #13.
Disruptive Advertising is seeking an experienced design team manager. This individual will be well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite and general design processes and systems. This person is responsible for managing and assigning incoming design requests, driving KPI and process improvements and developing cutting-edge creative strategies tailored to client goals. This role will take on some client design work, while mainly managing our team of graphic designers. Core responsibilities would include creating growth plans for team members, holding team members accountable to hitting deadlines and creating quality design work, managing bandwidth and hiring, and also working with the department leadership to drive innovation and creativity in the digital marketing space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and train our design team (up to 5-10 people) of graphic designers
- Conduct employee quarterly reviews, monthly 1:1s and weekly training and coaching
- Provide coaching/mentoring opportunities
- Hire and onboard new team members
- Help team members with escalated clients or situations
- Team trainings
- Define, monitor and analyze trends within the teams client KPIs
- Fulfillment of client design requests individually or with team members including social ads, landing pages, email design, and site mockups.
- Think creatively to develop innovative tactics and strategies that drive results
- Follow industry trends, drive innovation, and contribute to case studies, blog articles, and training
- Contribute to projects, process changes, and roll-outs
- Partner with clients to consult on overall digital marketing strategy
- Strong leadership qualities and track-record of effectively working with other departments/teams
- Experience in leading and developing a team of graphic designers
- Strong technical understanding and experience with Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in creating digital marketing collateral
- Expert with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Flexible PTO Policy: Approval but Freedom
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401k with match
- Vacation bonus ($500/after 1st year, an addition $250 every year after)
- Company Vacation Homes to Use after first anniversary
- WellVia services (Tele-Medical Services)
- Short & Long-term Disability
- Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Pay
- 10 Paid Holidays Per Year
- On-site Massage Chairs
- Fully stocked snacks in the break room
- Personal, Health & Financial Development Courses
- Charity & Employee Experience Committee
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Monthly Contests and Employee Appreciation Activities
- Fitness Membership with VASA Fitness
- Use of the Company Top Golf Card
EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Disruptive Advertising is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information or veteran status.
Employees can work in the office or remote in most locations in the US. Remote employees will need to have a professional setting and reliable internet at home to host video meetings with internal employees or clients. Employees will need to be available and ready to work during business hours and have the ability to attend video meetings.