Assistant Director, Creative Services
NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and gives businesses the opportunity to shape America’s future workforce by transforming the learning environment to include STEM infused industry-specific curricula and work-based learning experiences, including internships.
Since 1980, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to improve outcomes for students by implementing NAF academies – small learning communities within existing high schools. NAF has grown from one NAF Academy of Finance in New York City to hundreds of academies across the country focusing on growing industries including: finance, hospitality & tourism, information technology, engineering, and health sciences. During the 2020-2021 school year, over 117,000 students attended 619 NAF academies across 37 states, plus DC, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. In 2020, NAF academies reported 99% of seniors graduated with 87% of graduates planning to go to college.
The Assistant Director, Creative Services is responsible for elevating the NAF brand from a visual perspective, while ensuring the integrity of the brand. The Assistant Director, Creative Services manages graphic design, video, and audio projects to ensure all art elements support NAF’s organizational goals. The Assistant Director, Creative Services manages initiatives from conception to completion to inform future creative projects. The achievements of the Assistant Director, Creative Services will elevate NAF’s brand and, in turn, lead to a higher quality experience for current network members and increased opportunity for NAF to benefit more young people across the United States working to overcome significant barriers to access. This position is a member of the Marketing & Communications team, works cross-functionally with other teams at NAF, and supervises the Marketing Coordinator.
NAF is currently working remotely, but typically maintains a NYC headquarters. This role can be remote or NYC-based.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
Graphic Design (50%)
- Oversee and develop marketing collateral including materials, infographics, signage, social graphics, logos, brand identities.
- Package and design NAF implementation resources, reports, white papers, and other publications.
- Manage photoshoots to ensure NAF’s photo library supports both marketing and communications needs.
- Oversee and manage print, tv, and digital advertising initiatives.
- Provide recommendations based on industry trends and best practices.
- Manage video content creation from idea development to final execution, prioritizing the videos most important to driving organizational goals, writing requests for proposals for video production companies as needed, managing vendor relationships, guiding the creative process, and managing pre- and post-production.
- Produce simple videos in-house and complete editing to finalize.
- Provide technical support for podcast production.
- Maintain NAF’s video library.
Personnel Management (15%)
- Manage and mentor 1 marketing professional to help meet objectives and elevate the team’s performance.
- Effectively plan, delegate, and manage project assignments.
- Create a positive culture among direct reports that inspires creativity, hard work, data-driven decision making, and continuous improvement.
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Video Production, Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or a related field preferred.
5-7 years of experience in graphic design, video production, communications, marketing or a similar field. Volunteer and extracurricular experience will also be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to the NAF mission, vision, and core values.
- Proficient in design and creative software including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills.
- Elevated soft skills that enable them to inspire creativity and work well with different personality types — all while juggling various projects.
- Exceptional writing and copyediting skills.
- Proactive, takes initiative.
- Ability to tell engaging stories through the content development and technical production of videos.
- Ability to learn new skills and absorb information quickly.
- Team player, with ability to work with all levels of staff and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, handle pressure and prioritize needs. against organizational goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely well versed in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience working with mass email platforms a plus.
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to. Please include the position title, your first name and last name in the subject line.