Senior Program Manager: Partnership Strategist
Title: Senior Program Manager: Partnership Strategist
Supervisor: Program Director
Location: Remote, with occasional travel as necessary.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt, No paid OT
Benefits: Full medical benefits including dental and vision, generous paid time off policy, and 401K plan
Schedule: Monday–Friday, 9:00am–5:00pm EST (37.5 hours/week) with a thirty-minute lunch break; Additional hours as required to meet job duties and responsibilities.
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s mission is to make young voices and votes a powerful force in our democracy. To advance this mission, The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Senior Program Manager: Partnership Strategist will work closely with AGF staff, student leadership, higher education staff and leadership, and other non-profit leaders to promote youth electoral and civic engagement. This role will be central to AGF’s efforts to serve as a thought leader in the student civic engagement space and form partnerships that advance the mission of AGF, support the Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere program, and serve other aspects of AGF’s programming. Additionally, this role presents an exciting opportunity to serve in leadership roles in the Students Learn Students Vote Coalition, drive national initiatives such as National Voter Education Week, and represent and uplift AGF at various national and local conferences and events.
The Senior Program Manager: Partnership Strategist will lead the partnership strategy that supports the goals and priorities of the AGF Programs Team and other AGF departments, particularly the Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere program and HBCU Cohort. As Partnership Strategist, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing, deepening, evaluating AGF’s external partnerships by identifying projects and collaborations, recording successes and challenges in coordinating with partners, vet new partnerships under consideration, and elevate AGF as a leader in supporting student voting and civic engagement. Additionally, a primary goal for the Senior Program Manager is to work with partners to provide ease of engagement, sharing of resources, and uplift the work of Andrew Goodman Campus Teams. This effort allows the Senior Program Manager to engage in and project manage a diverse set of activities and initiatives, all aimed at supporting voter engagement advocates on college campuses across the country. The Senior Program Manager: Partnership Strategist will report to AGF’s Program Director.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as key point person for strategic AGF external partnerships;
- Evaluate and vet partnerships based on AGF’s priorities and goals;
- Represent AGF with Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition partners and serve as primary liaison between national SLSV partners and AGF staff;
- Research and strategize funding opportunities available to AGF and/or our campuses;
- Work with partners to develop national and state-based strategy and best practices for voter engagement programming and youth voting advocacy;
- Track events partners are hosting, identify organizations to partner on our events, provide speakers, and promote events;
- Serve in a key project management role for the Andrew Goodman National Civic Leadership Training Summit (NCLTS) and HBCU Summit by managing partner participation, delivery of training outcomes, opportunities for networking with partners (on and off-campus), and more; and
- Build partnership strategy that supports the goals and campaigns of the Programs, Communications, and Development departments; and
- Maintain partnership-related accounts, contacts, and notes in Salesforce.
- Conduct site visits as needed;
- Meet with funders and key stakeholders and attend fundraising events to promote AGF programs; and
- Available on evenings and weekends for occasional events and conferences.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Deep experience in youth organizing and/or student leadership;
- A passion for civic engagement, civil and voting rights, and social justice development, especially in a higher education setting;
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent writing, communication, and people skills;
- Working knowledge of data collection and evaluation methods;
- Strong organization, multitasking skills,and ability to prioritize assignments;
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative;
- Voter registration and grassroots organizing experience and expertise strongly preferred; and
- Experience with Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Salesforce.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Daily access to a computer, smart phone, or tablet
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Program Manager: Partnership Strategist.” Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NON DISCRIMINATION AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into our team. We encourage people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, as well as people with disabilities to apply!
The Andrew Goodman Foundation does not discriminate against current or prospective employees based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.