A career that makes a difference!
RKD Group, a direct response marketing and advertising agency, is seeking a Copywriter to create compelling copy that motivates donors to support local and national nonprofit clients. With offices located in Dallas, Boston, Lincoln, Canada and now North Carolina, RKD Group has helped hundreds of nonprofits raise billions of dollars to fulfill their missions. Join an award-winning creative team and help develop marketing campaigns for cause-focused clients such as finding and funding a cure for breast cancer, meals for the homeless and hungry, and rescuing animals from abuse.
The Copywriter is responsible for moving donors to give through the power of their written words in print and digital direct response campaigns, including direct mail, emails and other collateral/branding efforts.
The successful candidate will have conceptual and strategic abilities, a firm grasp of fundraising best practices, and experience with multi-channel direct response techniques.
The Copywriter reports directly to the VP, Creative while working in partnership with the Associate Creative Director and Art Director(s) assigned to their team. The Copywriter and Art Director collaborate together to determine the conceptual approach needed to meet the strategic requirements, the production requirements and timing for every assignment. They will also assist in the development of new business pitch materials.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
The successful Copywriter candidate will join the creative teams assigned to specified clients/verticals comprised to meet the unique needs of different clients.
Duties and responsibilities on these teams include:
- Working closely with the Creative Group’s Associate Creative Directors and Art Directors to support the development of donor-centric, insight-driven, integrated creative solutions.
- Collaborate with team members to define the creative strategy, manage timelines, and troubleshoot any issues that may arise with any project.
- Collaborate with team members to develop offers, determine stories and resource, and provide packaging input for direct mail materials.
- Creative concepts for marketing materials and campaigns.
- Gather, organize, and delegate resource per client, per job.
- Resident client expert in brand, tone, messaging, offer opportunities.
- Proactively keeping current on client activities and developments relevant to client’s mission and outreach.
- Write multiple creative projects simultaneously and working with team members on strategy, timelines and deliverables along with quality control.
- Provide messaging and brand guidance and direction to ensure consistent alignment with brand standards & tone.
- Research on marketing trends, strategies and technologies used as best practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Effective communication skills for internal team brainstorming, meetings and collaborations with other departments such as client service, production, and sales.
- Leadership skills; highly motivated and takes initiative.
- Enjoy challenging and fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrates high work ethic and professionalism with a team player approach.
- Displays high levels of integrity and attention to detail.
- Portfolio of creative examples of writing ability
- Ability to work, manage and collaborate effectively either remotely or in-office.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate degree in Advertising, Journalism or related fields.
- Knowledgeable of best practices in direct response fundraising writing.
- Highly proficient computer skills.
- Experience working with Asana and MS Teams is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ preferred experience in:
o Concept and campaign development.
o Copywriting either for an advertising agency, direct response firm, or fundraising organization.
- Experience working on accounts for national brands (for-profit, non-profit, or both) is a plus.
- Experience in creative development for both traditional and digital media.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and trends.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices.
Qualified candidates, please apply to this position using the link below.
RKD Group offers highly competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full range of benefits.
RKD Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No sponsorships available for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Remote interview process