Director of Marketing
Are you a B2B marketer who is experienced in inbound marketing, content, and demand generation? Do you have experience leading the overall marketing strategy to drive leads for a Saas product? Have you led marketing for a small team or startup? If so, this Director of Marketing role for a B2B/Saas eComm startup may be a great fit.
Our client is experiencing extensive growth within the B2B eCommerce space. This role will lead marketing for this small company, driving a holistic strategy that integrates content, demand gen, and product marketing to drive leads and revenue. You'll leverage external resources (agencies and consultants) and will also hire a small team while collaborating closely with sales, product, and customer success teams. This will be an important role in growing revenue and you'll report directly to the CEO.
What you'll do:
- Define and lead the marketing strategy to grow leads and revenue for a Saas company in the B2B eCommerce space
- Own the P&< for marketing, with an emphasis on improving the return on spend and optimizing leads and revenue
- Direct the execution of each aspect of the marketing mix (content, demand gen, product marketing, etc), including executing yourself on crucial aspects
- Direct the agency and team of consultants to execute effectively in alignment with the set strategy
- Be a hands-on leader who is 'in the weeds' with execution while still leading overall vision and direction.
- Grow and manage a small team of marketers
- Collaborate with sales, customer success, and product teams to ensure proper alignment
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of B2B/Saas marketing experience, with at least 2+ years leading the marketing strategy for your team.
- Experience with inbound marketing, content marketing, and demand generation
- Experience managing external resources like agencies and consultants/freelancers
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience working in a lean team or a startup environment
- Experience in the B2B eCommerce industry
What you'll get:
- Competitive base pay, bonus, and equity, and benefits
- A 'white space' opportunity to own and define this function
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing B2B/Saas startup in the eCommerce space with an exciting exit plan
This role and team are fully remote and will continue to remain remote after the pandemic.