Program Director, Mission Driven Investing
FADICA is seeking an experienced, talented, and driven Program Director to develop, implement, and lead its new Mission Driven Investing (MDI) Program to serve Catholic-inspired funders in their philanthropic mission. The innovative MDI program will support FADICA members in their exploration of and engagement in mission-driven investing, its potential and impact, concepts, strategies, approaches, and key actors. The Program Director will focus on developing and delivering this highly anticipated philanthropic service for FADICA member foundations and donors.
The Program Director will tailor and deliver tools and resources, including support for peer learning and exchange, 1:1 consulting, and education opportunities particularly through strategic partnerships. The multi-pronged approach and service delivery will reduce barriers to entry and uncover opportunities for members as they advance mission alongside investment objectives.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Program Director will partner with internal and external stakeholders across the organization and within the mission-driven investing organizational network to develop and execute FADICA's Mission-Driven Investing Program. This role will grow individual capabilities and build organizational knowledge specifically around mission driven investing methods (e.g., SRI, ESG screens, shareholder advocacy, impact investing, program related investing, and more) across the full spectrum of capital to support mission goals.
The ideal candidate is passionate and well-informed about mission-aligned and faith-consistent investing.
Candidates who will excel in this role will possess excellent organizational skills, subject matter and technical expertise (understanding of investment markets and ESG products, investment consulting, or portfolio construction; ESG integration, sustainable investing, etc.). The ideal candidate will also have excellent interpersonal skills, a customer service orientation, and an interest and commitment to FADICA’s mission.
- Manage fully the day-to-day operations of the Mission Driven Investing program.
- Lead written and verbal communications of member service offerings. Coordinate and deploy services to members (and tailored resources for FADICA online Catholic funder resource).
- Cultivate, foster and facilitate a member interest group on mission-driven investing. Engage and collaborate with the group to inform and deliver program services suited to members’ needs.
- Develop and manage a full spectrum of member services including education curricula, coaching, customized 1:1 services; this includes taking inventory of existing and available services, identifying gaps and developing missing content. partnership-based offerings (which will extend educational opportunities). Partner with FADICA leadership and key member stakeholders as necessary.
- Foster and manage formal and informal partnerships that expand member services for the program. Collaborate and connect with financial services providers and mission driven investing experts and partner organizations.
- Stay informed about movements, trends, and research in mission driven investing, especially for faith-based organizations.
- Establish evaluation metrics, in collaboration with a contracted Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) partner. Report on training program effectiveness and adjust programs as needed.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or accounting. Master’s degree preferred. Completed or working toward relevant professional qualifications (CFA, FRM, or similar certification in progress or completed) preferred.
- 7+ years in financial services or a minimum 7-10 years of professional experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following would be supportive of this role: investment consulting; investment advisory services; portfolio construction; ESG analysis; manager selection or evaluation; responsible, sustainable or impact investing; training, development and coaching.
- A desire to work directly with individuals and in team environments.
- Strong customer and client service focus and ability to quickly and effectively build and sustain community and relationships in an atmosphere of trust.
- Effective presentation skills to groups of all levels via virtual classroom and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels in the organization and externally.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities. Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong skills in MS Office and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
- Support for overall organizational strategic goals and commitment to furthering the mission of FADICA. Familiarity or experience working in a nonprofit or philanthropic context a plus.
- Comfort working within the Catholic faith tradition and interfaith environments. Understanding of or interest in the Catholic social tradition (CST). Ability, or willingness to learn, and to integrate CST into the program.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mentality, self-starting work ethic, and a flexible resourcefulness.
Anticipated Start Date
FADICA headquarters is in Washington, D.C.; our team is currently working remotely due to COVID. There is some flexibility regarding location.
Compensation & Benefits
FADICA offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and a benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, a 403(b) plan, and generous paid holidays, vacation and sick.
FADICA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and fostering inclusion and a sense of belonging.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Maddy McMahon, Vice President, at email@example.com.