The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is seeking an eLearning Specialist within the Global & Professional Learning Department. NAEYC is a professional membership organization that works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research. NAEYC advances a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and supports all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
The Professional Learning department delivers content on topics of interest identified by our members and critical issues in the field. It Is situated in the body of research on early childhood education and aligns with NAEYC's; Advancing Equity in Early Childhood Education, Code of Ethical Conduct and Commitment, Developmentally Appropriate Practice and the Professional Standards and Competencies for Early Childhood Educators. NAEYC seeks to develop content that engages adult learners across settings. NAEYC celebrates the diversity of our field--with nearly half of early childhood educators identifying in communities of color--a strategic priority is to have our membership reflect the full diversity of the field. In this regard, relevant experience in serving a racially and ethnically diverse user is valued.
The eLearning Specialist supports NAEYC's professional learning department in the technical design and delivery of professional learning products through the Learning Management System (LMS), also known as NAEYC Learning Lab. This role is responsible for administrative and logistical tasks related to the formulation, design, and delivery of NAEYC's online modules, mini-courses, facilitated professional learning communities, and in-person workshops.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Learning Management System (LMS) administrator responsible for maintaining and monitoring the LMS and integrations with the association management system (AMS) to ensure systems work properly and act fast to problem solve bugs and other unexpected errors.
- Build out online courses within the LMS using content packages and materials provided by course designers ensuring the appropriate user group rights are assigned to courses.
- Recognize and resolve the issues that may appear when it comes to course design, its configuration or infrastructure within the LMS.
- Coordinate all administrative tasks for selling products via the NAEYC online store.
- Support the accessibility of all content, including managing transcripts, closed captions and translated content.
- Provide input on course design, to ensure highly engaging and compelling learning strategies.
- Manage the Department's digital platforms to include webinars, virtual meetings, and digital badging.
- Manage department's use of association-wide platforms to include AMS, website, and online communities.
- Coordinate needed updates to the professional learning web page.
- Maintain learner records and generate reports tracking learner completion metrics.
- Prepare reports to track sales and usage of professional learning products.
- Maintain catalogs of professional learning products to include webinars, courses, workshops, etc.
- Maintain documentation to ensure Department is in compliance with internal or external standards or requirements.
Customer & Technical Support
- Responsible for coordinating the Department's general email account(s).
- Provide direct customer service and/or coordinate with the Customer Care Team on customer inquiries.
- Provide technical support for webinars, virtual learning events and in-person events.
- Provide technical support and advice to course designers with any issues related to the LMS.
- Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with the NAEYC staff, content experts and clients.
- Collaborate with Market Solutions to fulfill bulk orders of online learning products.
- Liaise with NAEYC informational technology and operations departments to ensure professional learning products meet all technical standards.
- Supports the Director of Professional Learning in the technical development and sale of NAEYC's professional development offerings.
- Maintain knowledge of general professional learning trends and competing ECE products to ensure NAEYC professional learning applies innovative approaches to our products.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- 2-4 years' experience managing a learning management system
- Extensive experience with Zoom, GoTo Meeting, GoToWebinar and other video conferencing/training platforms
- Extensive experience building courses for the virtual environment
- Experience supporting in-person learning and hybrid training
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate across departments and stakeholders
- Multi-media skills
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Experience in early childhood education is a plus
- Visual design skills a plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - NAEYC is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information, disability, or protected veterans status, or any other factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable.