At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success. We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
Currently, we are looking to hire an Account Manager. This position is remote anywhere in the United States.
The relationship that an Account Manager has with their client is akin to the relationship that a client has with a lawyer. The lawyer is considered a trusted advisor providing expert advice. The Account Manager acts as the client's agent under a legal agency agreement, allowing the Account Manager to make decisions and commit the client to contracts. The Account Manager position provides expert advice to their clients.
The primary duties of the Account Manager position is to originate and maintain revenue with our clients. These clients hire us under long-term contracts under which the Account Manager and supporting staff provides energy expertise and services. The Account Manager manages a wide variety of energy issues and develops the relationships with their clients while promoting WFS products and services.
Persons in this position work independently and are expected to perform at an expert level regarding technical knowledge, negotiating skills and communications. Persons in this position are mentored by their direct supervisor to support their growth. They are also called upon occasionally to present our services to prospective clients.
- Originate core agency revenue through existing client relationships.
- Originate consulting revenue from Advisory Services projects through his/her existing client relationships.
- Originate revenue from other WFS products: natural gas supply, propane, diesel, #6 fuel oil, card services, new services in Mexico, global services.
- Identify and pursue business development opportunities
- Enhance the business relationship with our clients
- Lead internal teams to address issues related to business strategies, systems, processes and/or procedures.
- The Account Manager does not have official supervisory responsibilities. However, the Account Manager position often manages a team of people such as other account managers, analysts, accounting, credit, contracts, and operations to meet client needs.
- The Account Manager position is expected to assist with and at times lead a number of initiatives through the year which will enhance revenue. These initiatives may involve system enhancements, procedural changes, training of others, business development, etc.
- The Account Manager position is expected to mentor others in the organization.
Education/ Training / Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree (BS, BA, etc.) Required. Math, Business, Engineering, Economics or Finance preferred. Special consideration for Master's/MBA Degree.
- 6 years or more experience in the energy industry
- Ability to think strategically about the client to provide additional value which can translate into increased revenue for the company
- The following is a list of specialized training that is valuable to the Account Manager position:
- Professional Engineer certification, CPA, Certified Energy Manager, Certified Energy Auditor, Certified Energy Procurement,
- Strong Interpersonal skills, negotiating skills, presentation skills, writing skills, price risk management knowledge (gas and electric markets, financial tools), and Windows-based application software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Regulatory knowledge, energy infrastructure and sustainability.
- Problem solving, mathematical and organizational skills
- Communications skills, both written and verbal
- Team player who excels at performing in a collaborative environment, upbeat and positive
- Ability to manage multiple highly complex projects
- Ability to think strategically about the client and find solutions to their issues
- The ability to drive internal change
- Ability to look for growth opportunities for the company (customer, sales, revenue and/or technology)
This position, by its nature, is required to be available on a constant basis with frequent global contacts at unusual hours on a 7-day basis. Work schedule is an integral part of successful job performance. Because of the critical role that energy plays in client businesses, the Account Manager is required to be accessible to their clients for urgent calls at all hours of the day and all days of the week.