Senior Backend Software Engineer
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pollen, Inc. (C2FO) believes that unique backgrounds and individual voices strengthen our team, leading to the best ideas and discoveries for our innovative and growing company. At C2FO, we seek, encourage, and nurture diverse perspectives, and we welcome those of all backgrounds to help us change the way global businesses of all sizes gain access to working capital.
As an organization, we not only value diversity and equality, we cultivate teams that feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and our global, multicultural clients. We recognize the power of inclusion, emphasizing that each team member was chosen for their unique ability to contribute to the overall success of our mission.
About the Enterprise Pipeline Team
Enterprise Pipeline, a core C2FO team, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the connectivity and ETL portions of C2FO’s products. With hundreds of thousands of businesses accelerating payments in the system, the enterprise pipeline is an important and growing piece of the system. We primarily work in Go but occasionally work with other languages and frameworks including TypeScript and React. We support growth and learning through conference attendance and access to learning resources.
Our engineering team is sensitive to the ever-changing COVID landscape. We’ve always had remote engineers, and will be operating engineering remotely for some time. Once people return to the office, this position can either remain remote or be located out of our Kansas City office.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of technical designs and key areas of the system.
- Work with our Product Managers to break down project details and ensure requirements are complete.
- Develop and ship code to complete impactful projects.
- Give and receive feedback on your team’s code on GitHub.
- Mentor, pair with and support the growth of other engineers.
- Apply good coding practices to ensure our codebase is readable, secure, and scalable.
- Improve our documentation and document design decisions and rationale.
- Take part in the on-call rotation during the hours of 9 AM through 9 PM Central Time.
- Collaborate with others across the company, including Product, DevOps and operational stakeholders.
What you’ll need
Most importantly, we want someone who is:
- Concerned with the success of your teammates as well as yourself
- Respectful towards teammates regardless of their abilities
- Interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the problem space and the 'why' of your work.
- Understanding of the usefulness of testing, code quality, and continuous integration.
- Vigilant in identifying tech debt and always improving how we do things.
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; collaborating with and engaging others as necessary.
- A self-motivated developer who can work independently.
- Detail-oriented with a meticulous approach to problem solving.
- Proficient in English communication, both written and verbal.
We'd be particularly delighted to hire someone who has experience with:
- Writing code in a strongly typed language (such as Go, Java, Kotlin, or Scala)
- ETL pipelines
- Service-Based or Microservice architectures
- RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- AWS or GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes
C2FO is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome all veterans and disabled applicants.