Office Manager and Bookkeeper
Advocate Accounting LLC is a values-driven firm that provides accounting, bookkeeping, tax, and consulting services to nonprofit organizations, small businesses, and individuals in the greater Seattle area. We love our clients and their missions and want it to show in our work. We take pride in building a work culture rooted in trust, collaboration, and learning. We are committed to developing individual team skills, sharing leadership, communicating openly, and prioritizing a healthy work/life balance. Visit our website to learn more about our work and clients.
We’re a small but mighty team of two looking to bring on our third full-time employee. We work primarily remotely, with the possibility for occasional staff retreats, meetings, or work in the Seattle area after the pandemic.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail to support with bookkeeping and day-to-day administration.
Core responsibilities include:
- Proactively communicating with clients, including following up for documents or missing information.
- Processing accounts payable, assisting with month-end allocations, and recording financial transactions in Quickbooks Online for multiple clients each month.
- Assisting with quarterly and annual payroll tax filings.
- Organizing tax documents received and basic data entry for 1099s, W2s, and other simple tax forms.
- Supporting the team in developing and managing administrative systems and apps; spearheading process improvements.
- Coordinating the onboarding process for new clients and maintaining client information and accounting filing systems.
- Additional general office and bookkeeping tasks as assigned.
A successful team member in this position will use their communication and organizational skills to keep track of moving parts to ensure that our clients and team are well cared for and processes are working smoothly.
At a minimum, the experience and skills we’re looking for are:
- Experience and cultural competency working with diverse communities.
- Passion for working with a diverse group of nonprofit organizations.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to perform detailed work with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Ability to be flexible about changing priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Highest level of discretion in protecting confidential information and data security
Additionally, the following skills and experience is a plus:
- Bookkeeping experience, especially in Quickbooks Online.
- Familiarity with some of the systems and apps we and our clients use: Gmail and Google Drive, Microsoft Teams, Excel and/or Google Sheets, Adobe Acrobat, Gusto, Divvy, Zoom, and CRMs/payment processors like Neon, EveryAction, and Stripe.
- Operations or administrative experience, preferably in a small business or grassroots/nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity with local, state or federal tax law.