Regional Director - International High School Student Exchange
Summary of Position
STS Foundation, a J1 international high school exchange program is expanding ! The world is an amazing place, filled with amazing people. At STS Foundation we welcome students to move beyond what they see in the news and movies, to experience what life is really like in the United States and to build relationships and understanding through living with an American host family and attend our schools. You will directly impact communities to share, learn, and build bridges around the world and invite you to be a part of it.
The Regional Director position is a full-time exempt position focused on the development of a compliant, successful team of Local Coordinators responsible for the placement of August arriving, J-1 high school students with volunteer host families.
Under the guidance of the National Office, the Regional Director will be responsible for recruiting, training, and overseeing the compliant management of the regional team and facilitating the enrollment of the exchange students in accredited public high schools.
The Regional Director will take the lead to ensure that recruitment goals, related to Local Coordinators, host families and schools, are met or exceeded. Furthermore, successful Regional Directors will qualify to travel internationally with the STSF team in the fall of 2021.
Applicants must be 25 years or older and agree to a background check. Previous experience in the J1 industry is a requirement of this position.
• Participate in the selection, training and monitoring a group of Local Coordinators working in various communities.
• Facilitate the enrollment acceptance of each exchange student in an accredited, public high school.
• Lead team meetings and provide individual support to your staff members.
• Coach and support your team in driving lead generation and conversion of new host families.
• Work with the National Office to design strategies to attain individual and team recruitment and placement goals.
• Ensure that team members are trained in compliance protocols to support the compliant recruitment and placement process.
• Communicate needs of the field to the National Office.
• Assist with content planning and implementation of annual requirements, including student and host family orientations.