Director of Customer Success
Director of Customer Success
The Director of Customer Success is responsible for developing and leading the team who will engage and support customers through their journey within our STARs Talent Marketplace,and other O@W offerings as they are developed.
This person will play a vital role in developing and implementing Customer Success methodologies for a developing team; driving processes, yielding customer outcomes, measuring engagement and usage, and supporting ongoing adoption. They are ultimately responsible for customer engagement, retention, and Net Promoter Scores (NPS).
The ideal candidate will be a truly customer-centric leader with a proven track record of building an empathetic, agile, and results-driven Customer Success team. They will act as the voice of the customer within Opportunity@Work and will require deep experience communicating and influencing executive leaders.
This is a remote position that will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Customer Success and Delivery.
O@W Customers: Design, test, and iterate strategies to drive customer satisfaction, retention, loyalty, and product championing by:
- Designing and implementing a Platinum Level Service approach for customers so that they have a seamless experience using any of our O@W offerings, no matter how nascent or developed the product/service may be.
- Partner with sales and product marketing teams to ensure they are selling the value of Customer Success and Platinum Level Service to customers.
- Measure and help improve outcomes of all aspects of customer engagement and retention including onboarding, on-going usage, returning to the platform, and referrals.
- Engage directly with customers on escalations and/or strategic accounts as needed to ensure their success using our offerings.
O@W Customer Success team: Build out an empathetic, agile, and results-driven Customer Success team with data driven processes.
- Hire, lead, and develop a team of high performing Customer Success Managers in a scalable model across regions and customer types.
- Build and continuously improve training, quality assurance, and employee development programs to support growth and scale effectively.
- Enhance effectiveness and consistency through the use of process and technology: e.g. optimize Zendesk platform and other support channels that are still to be determined.
- Lead development of KPIs and service levels to ensure customer satisfaction, NPS, and overall engagement rate goals are achieved.
O@W Organization: Shape the culture of O@W to be increasingly customer-driven, bring the voice of the customer to every business decision, small or large.
- Co-lead customer journey mapping with product and marketing to drive organization-wide understanding of the customer experience. Leverage data and insights to help build customer strategy with the sales, marketing and product teams.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 5+ years in a Customer Success leadership position; successfully managing multiple levels of direct reports and customer-facing teams
- 3+ years of relevant experience, with experience at a SaaS or software subscription business models
- A passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
- Track record of using data to develop strategies, measure outcomes, identify opportunities, and prevent turnover
- Demonstrated success building trust and developing strong relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders, including sales and product teams
- Creative and collaborative problem-solver, comfortable working through ambiguity when data may be limited
- A “player-coach” who can mentor staff while leading strategy
- Hands-on experience managing customer support tools (Zendesk, Salesforce, telephony etc)
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Previous responsibility for budgeting and revenue forecasting
- Experience working for a start-up a plus
- Experience in the Recruiting and / or Talent Management fields a plus
- Up to 15% post-pandemic travel
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required