At the Only One Collective, our purpose is to turn the tide on ocean conservation by connecting people to urgent environmental issues and the communities affected by them, while identifying clear steps that will drive significant change. We do this through our two sister organizations:and the . We focus on amplifying stories and campaigns that sit at the intersection of ocean health and social justice. We want to redistribute power by making the space we have available to a diverse group of storytellers and activists, prioritizing those whose experiences and narratives are marginalized and whose campaigns could use broad grassroots support to achieve meaningful impact.
The Only One Collective was first established in 2019, and today the organization has twenty full-time employees, across product, design, content, engagement. By partnering with other changemakers in the space, we aim to support innovative solutions that strengthen marine ecosystems and the communities that depend on them most.
The Only One Collective has a sizable existing community, including 10M followers across social media channels, an email list of ~300K, and The Tide, a growing community of ~4K monthly donors committed to supporting ocean solutions.
We’re looking for an efficient and organized Development Manager to join our team as we work to combine our impactful work in storytelling with sophisticated digital advocacy work to fuel the movement for people and planet.
In this role, you will report to the Chief of Staff, and collaborate closely with our Chief Executive Officer, President, and Board of Trustees as we seek to raise ~$10M annually in support of our programmatic work. You will be responsible for project management of our fundraising activities, revenue collection and grants reporting, grant writing, and event planning. This is a full-time position.
As the team member chiefly responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of our fundraising operation, you’re a proven project manager and written communicator, with the demonstrated ability to own constituency management in the fundraising space. Strong candidates write extremely well and love a good spreadsheet, and know how to manage up.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of our fundraising operation. Coordinate the outreach efforts of the CEO, President, and Board.
- Maintain an updated fundraising plan including planned outreach, collected and anticipated revenue, and lead development.
- Manage grants administration and preparation, including grant writing, grant reporting, and revenue collection.
- Plan and manage fundraising events.
- You’re an excellent writer, comfortable drafting solicitation emails, writing grants, and communicating extensively with foundation staff.
- You’re an excellent project manager, experienced in managing both the tools and actual outreach of complicated constituency management projects.
- You’re really good at multitasking, capable of following through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands.
- You know how to manage up, capable of directing work undertaken by the CEO, President, and Board.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work remotely.