Vice President, Marketing & Communications
NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and gives businesses the opportunity to shape America’s future workforce by transforming the learning environment to include STEM infused industry-specific curricula and work-based learning experiences, including internships.
Since 1980, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to improve outcomes for students by implementing NAF academies – small learning communities within existing high schools. NAF has grown from one NAF Academy of Finance in New York City to hundreds of academies across the country focusing on growing industries including: finance, hospitality & tourism, information technology, engineering, and health sciences. During the 2020-2021 school year, over 117,000 students attended 619 NAF academies across 37 states, plus DC, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. In 2020, NAF academies reported 99% of seniors graduated with 87% of graduates planning to go to college.
The Vice President, Marketing & Communications is responsible for elevating the profile of the organization by representing and advocating for visibility opportunities in partnership with the Executive team, the Board of Directors, and NAF’s national corporate partners. The Vice President, f Marketing & Communications plays a critical role in expanding NAF’s presence, awareness, and exposure, ensuring all opportunities align with and build upon NAF’s brand and reputation. This role oversees all marketing, messaging, media, and branding efforts and initiatives for the organization, as well as the development and implementation of strategic communications and media plans and materials that lift NAF’s mission, programs and funding.
The VP oversees the full marketing and communications team and directly supervises the Senior Director, Marketing & Communications (MarCom) to lead the strategic planning, execution, delivery, and evaluation of all aspects of marketing and communications for NAF.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Work with MarCom and other teams across the organization to develop strategic communications plans to support NAF’s mission and goals and that engage all NAF’s diverse audiences including educators, corporate leaders and volunteers, policy makers and funders, alumni and students.
- Embed best practices for diversity, equity, and inclusion in all communications tactics.
- Work with NAF leadership to identify high-level communications needs and collaboratively develop plans to meet those needs.
- Work with Board companies and national corporate partners to develop and implement Marketing & Communications partnerships and strategies.
- Participate in new business meetings and grant development process to ensure inclusion and representation of marketing and communications initiatives.
- Staff communications-related committees of NAF’s Board of Directors; prepare talking points, materials, and reports for Board members; and represent marketing and communications to the Board.
- Oversee cross-platform media strategy and increase NAF’s press coverage.
- Oversee project management, production, design, and content creation of NAF materials, including annual reports, data and research reports, fact sheets, mass emails, program brochures, web content, videos, and other collateral.
- Oversee NAF’s online presence including naf.org, other organizational sites, social media channels, and email communications to NAF’s constituencies.
- Oversee NAF’s messaging across the entire organization and develop tools, policies to increase the consistency of messaging across NAF’s network.
- Oversee MarCom staff and manage consultants to successfully execute communications projects.
- Prepare executive communications for the CEO and President.
- Forecast, prepare, and manage the MarCom budget with short- and long-term goals in mind.
- Act as a lead spokesperson for NAF.
- Lead crisis communications work.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
Fifteen to twenty years of progressive responsibility in the communications field, with at least 5 years of experience managing and/or directing an organization’s communications efforts, preferably in a national non-profit setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep commitment to the NAF mission and vision for young people.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills; ability to partner with internal stakeholders and lead by influence.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in building and expanding organizational brand awareness.
- Proven experience as an organizational spokesperson.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively to collaborate with Executive and C-suite level individuals to further Marketing and Communications work.
- Demonstrated ability to translate and apply an organization’s goals and objectives into a marketing, communications and media strategy.
- Proven success in developing and managing communications plans, including expertise in content creation, media relations, web development, and social media.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality or collaboration.
- Experience developing a team-oriented, collaborative work environment at all levels.
- A commitment to the goals of the NAF.
- Excellent writing skills. Experience writing for a variety of audiences, including donors, funders, volunteers, and other external audiences.
- Strong project management skills.
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to. Please include the position title, your first name and last name in the subject line.