Sr. HR Manager
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing great talent to achieve our mission and we need your help! As a Sr. HR Manager, you will make Tides a place to work where our Tidesters can grow and thrive as part of the vibrant and diverse community. By partnering with leaders across multiple functions, you will set our employees up for tackling some of the toughest system issues in racial and social justice.
Tides is seeking someone who is passionate about accelerating the pace of social change. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a complex yet agile organization, who sees ambiguity as an opportunity to have a point of view, lead with data, creates alignment and charts a path forward, and who is energized when collaborating with cross-functional teams to create impact and achieve strategic goals.
The Sr. HR Manager is both a strategic and hands-on partner to a diverse group, including partner services, operations, legal, finance and marketing communications. You will manage a variety of HR functions across the organization, including employee and management development and coaching, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, and compliance, and general policy and procedures. The position will also play an important role in implementing a new HRIS system. This role will work closely with the Director, People, the Director, Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and People team to drive impact, support employee and organizational engagement and development, and foster a culture that is grounded in our core values - Respect, Accountability, Creativity, Equity and Empowerment.
The Sr. HR Manager is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Ensures that onboarding, employee and management coaching, employee and labor relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, organizational development, employee engagement and workforce planning meet the growth and development of the teams you support.
● Serves as a strategic business partner to leaders and employees across a variety of levels and departments.
● Interprets, develops and applies HR policies and procedures for Tides Network employees; ensures compliance with internal policies as well as federal, state and local labor regulations
● Effectively resolves employee issues using good judgment, applicable policies, HR best practices, and conflict resolution strategies
● Conducts investigations in accordance with investigation guidelines, serves as liaison with outside legal counsel on HR related legal issues
● Advises and coaches managers on performance management processes and compensation programs including reviews, goal-setting, and merit increases
● Analyze current business processes or procedures, identify inefficiencies, and recommend solutions and improvements with HR and cross-departmental teams.
● Plays an important role in HRIS implementation, working with key partners on the People team and across the organization
● Leads special projects as well as participates internal meetings, task forces, cross-departmental teams
● In partnership with the Communications team, develops employee communications regarding new hires, organizational activities, and engagement opportunities.
● Develops and maintains HR policies, procedures and programs to support employees and create a high-performing and inclusive culture
● Reviews and approves hire requests, employees changes and separation requests to ensure timely processing
● In partnership with the Director, People and Chief People Officer, supports labor relations and contract negotiations
● Conducts training on HR topics to educate staff about programs, policies and/or procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Strong working knowledge of Human Resource best practices as well as federal, state, local laws
● Ability to balance competing demands and address the conflicting needs of a multi-customer-based constituency with tact, diplomacy and kindness
● Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results
● Ability to influence decision making through strong relationships, expertise and data
● Ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all parties
● Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
● Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fluid workplace while maintaining enthusiasm and thriving in such environment
● Strong project management skills: planning and organizational skills to develop initiatives and collaborate with others to ensure outcomes on aligned goals
● Strong analytical, investigatory and research skills
● Ability to work well on a team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
● Experience with HRIS implementation, reporting, and analysis
● Demonstrated personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity and proven organizational skills.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships.
● Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of employees
Education & Experience:
● BA/BS or equivalent work experience
● 7+ years as a HR Business Partner, with direct client support and management mentoring experience.
● Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field or study
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.