Family Resource Navigator
Position Summary: The Family Resource Navigator serves as the first point of contact for Skagit County families seeking information about local resources and help accessing public benefits programs. The Family Resource Navigator supports pregnant families and families with young children up through 6 years old. The Family Resource Navigator serves as a conduit between families and resources via WithinReach’s Help Me Grow Washington Hotline. We use web-based integrated databases, phone, and other communication technologies to connect families to child development programs, parent-support resources, food assistance, health insurance, and other local community resources. The Family Resource Navigator will be trained by WithinReach staff on telephone casework, early childhood subjects, relevant early childhood systems of care, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, data collection, and best practices for resource navigation. The Family Resource Navigator will reside in Skagit County or the surrounding area and support Skagit families seeking Help Me Grow services.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering phone, web, text, and email inquiries to provide timely, relevant, and accurate information and support to families seeking assistance.
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate resources and care coordination, and utilize interpreter services when necessary.
- Answer early childhood questions, connect callers to free child developmental screenings, and provide care coordination and follow-up assistance.
- Collect family intake information, document all Help Me Grow care coordination activities with families, and follow up with callers and partner agencies.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team that promotes mutual respect, open communication, and joint problem solving strategies.
- Help to maintain, update, and add to a database of child development resources and referrals.
- Participate in monthly Children’s Council of Skagit County Board meetings as well as local Help Me Grow action team meetings. Represent Help Me Grow at other local community coalitions, neighborhood groups and networks as appropriate.
- Participate in regular WithinReach team and all staff meetings.
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income, diverse and multicultural families
- Knowledge of Skagit County resources and programs and experience working with the community
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Early childhood health and development knowledge
- Experience in early childhood education, health care, social services or a related field
- Familiarity with child and family and/or health care delivery systems and community resources in Skagit County
- Familiarity with statewide programs such as Basic Food (SNAP), Early Support for Infants and Toddlers, WIC, and Medicaid.
- Knowledge of or experience establishing partnerships with local social service organizations.
- Call center and/or relevant customer service experience.
- Bicultural preferred
- Resides in Skagit County but can reside in the surrounding area if the candidate has knowledge of Skagit resources and needs of the community
Required Skills & Resources:
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills to appropriately assess client needs and provide relevant resources and information, and enrollment assistance.
- Ability to interact effectively with the diverse populations and communities of Skagit County.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultural, ethnic, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Effective time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently and work with limited supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to listen to information while collecting and inputting data into client management systems.
- Access to reliable internet service (Recommended minimum of 25mpbs for better voice and audio quality).