Public Relations/Publicist (Remote)
Part-Time Position: April-July, 2021
The Stone Soup Leadership Institute is preparing for the launch of our newest book, Stone Soup for a Sustainable World: Life Changing Stories of Young Heroes with Ted Danson's--see and This book features 100 climate change trailblazers, environmental justice changemakers, green inventors & entrepreneurs, educator champions, sustainable business and intergenerational leaders who are all working to build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
We have a global team supporting the Institute in the lead up to our book launch, including social media team and video & design team. We will need your help to leverage these partnerships to shine the light - and bring media's attention -- to these amazing youth leaders to hear their collective voices - and help our planet.
• Earth Day Podcast for Educators: April 21
-- First press with Amazon pre-order live link
• 17th Sustainability Summit (Virtual): June 21-25
• World's Largest Book Signing: June 24-25
About Our Organization
The Stone Soup Leadership Institute lights the way for a sustainable world. We are a 501c3 nonprofit that empowers young people with inspirational stories, learning tools, trainings, and leadership initiatives. To learn more about the Institute's 20 year history, read about us here stonesoupleadership.org
In times like these, we need stories that uplift humanity and bring hope to the world.
We’re looking for a self-starting, responsive, flexible, and media savvy publicist with a strong existing network of press contacts who can jump in, fine tune, and execute our plan. The publicist will be working in tandem with our multi-faceted social media campaign team and in conjunction with a national radio-podcast tour and will need to be vigilant and flexible for this 3 month period. In this role, you will be leveraging your network to amplify the reach of the Institute’s upcoming book launch – where we anticipate the world's largest digital book signing in history! You’ll be responsible for developing new strategies to highlight and disseminate the branding of our related projects, and you will act as the PR lead on all related multi-media projects.
The successful candidate will possess some or all of the following skills and experience:
• PR lead: in any of the following areas: literary/book launches, education, sustainability, business work on mainstream brands, related campaigns.
• Strong network of existing contacts in media in the U.S. and globally (there are people from 38 countries featured in the book).
• Exceptional writing skills, with a focus on positive, action-oriented, engagement strategy with accuracy and detail in communications.
• Experience leveraging varying social media platforms and multi-disciplinary internal teams in service of specific PR goals.
• Team player, comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; remote experience.
COMPENSATION: Based upon experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send application materials, including a resume and brief cover letter, and any relevant social media links, including links to work, towith “PUBLICIST” in the subject line. Please indicate in your email how you heard about this opening. We are looking to make a hire ASAP, and will be reviewing applicants immediately