Senior Copywriter Marketing Communications (Remote position)
Are you a seasoned copywriter skilled at writing compelling advertising and marketing copy in a wide assortment of communication vehicles? Do you have a special knack for short clever hooks? If so, this may be the opportunity for you to work remotely and be part of an award-winning creative team!
We are seeking a Marketing Communications Senior Copywriter with a love of language to write for numerous and diverse channels including sales collateral, television commercials, direct mail campaigns, digital and print advertisements, member communications, newsletters, website copy, blog posts, social media content, video scripts, and corporate image materials,—from concept through completion under sensitive budget and time demands.
In This Role You Will
- Research, write, and edit a variety of printed and digital pieces for company campaigns in the health insurance industry, including brochures, direct mail, letters, postcards, flyers, presentations, and video scripts.
- Create and maintain copy for websites, blogs, and social media using industry best practices.
- Research, write, and edit all newsletters, including Live Healthy, Wise & Well, Provider Connection, The Leader, and Agent Advantage.
- Proofread and edit copy for clarity and adherence to brand voice and style.
- Work with graphic designers to ensure all materials are complete, accurate, and graphically cohesive to meet corporate design standards.
- Review and edit communications from/for other departments for internal or external purposes.
- Work in collaboration with other departments and represent Corporate Communications in meetings with cross-functional teams.
- Appreciate variety in your work
- Get excited working for a team that has proven success driving strong sales results
- Enjoy a dynamic work environment that thrives on creativity and exciting change
- Love to tell—and sell—great stories
- Have a knack for writing short clever hooks
- Seeing the results of your success by being a direct part of growing our business
- Having your best work submitted for awards and recognition within the advertising industry
- Working with a highly creative and collaborative team
- Enjoying a work from home opportunity
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the health insurance industry
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field OR equivalent post high school and/or related work.
- 1 or more years of directly related experience
- 3 or more years of experience writing advertising copy in a corporate or agency setting
- 1 or more years of sales/advertising/marketing experience
- An award-winning copywriting background
- Familiarity with health insurance/health care industry, with a focus on senior patients/customers
- Experience writing compelling copy within the bounds of a highly regulated industry
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using project management and/or proofing platforms, such as InMotion Ignite
- A highly collaborative and dynamic team of approximately 12 creative professionals consisting of copywriters, graphic designers, multi-media professionals and production associates
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values - Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate - are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
WPS Health Plan
WPS Health Plan offers Health Maintenance Organization and Point-of-Service plans to the group and individual markets in eastern and north-central Wisconsin, plus third-party administrator services.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign up for Job Alerts
LinkedInShow moreShow less