Virtual Office Manager
The Green Party of the United States seeks a full-time office manager to administer record-keeping, information and correspondence between a broad variety of stakeholders. We are especially looking for someone who can grasp the bigger picture of building a connected, dynamic organization while also keeping an eye on the finer details.
Major areas of work for this position include:
- Manage daily, emailed correspondence and requests from both the general public and party stakeholders using the ticketing system.
- Respond to snail mail as needed (rare).
- Check voicemail and respond as needed on a daily basis.
- Update contact information of officer and committee personnel for the national party and affiliates. Facilitate communication between them when practical.
- Support party Secretary with maintaining various lists (e.g. delegate lists, state officer lists)
- Assist with monitoring community engagement on social media platforms.
- Oversee cloud-based file storage system (Google Drive), including the organization of file directories and access permissions.
- Ensure new committee members are oriented on how to use the file storage system.
- Manage calendar of committee and caucus meetings (Google calendar) and Zoom tele-conference software access.
- Administer custom, online forms used to receive inquiries and requests from volunteers, donors, the general public and personnel from the national party and affiliates.
- Manage sensitive virtual office information such as logins for online service subscriptions and payments.
- Update supporter, prospect, donor and volunteer data as needed in CRM ( ).
- Establish and maintain volunteer activation paths in NationBuilder.
- Use NationBuilder, tagging, list and filter features to maintain relationships with internal constituencies such as committee members, volunteers and officers.
- Conduct basic database maintenance as able, such as merging records and donor subscription adjustments
- Track lapsed donors and request updated info such as new credit card info.
- Maintain and optimize a system for receiving and fulfilling requests from Green Party committees seeking volunteer assistance.
- Facilitate connections between party committees and interested volunteers based on a combination of criteria: skills (e.g. video editing), location, availability (e.g. episodic, lead volunteer) and area of interest (e.g. ballot access, mass mobilization around issues).
- Manage and optimize systems for responding to, and making use of, the large volumes of individuals who indicate interest in volunteering via sign-up forms, whether through direct engagement and onboarding or referrals to affiliated state parties and electoral campaigns.
- Assist with registration and other logistics for the Green Party’s Annual National Meeting and Presidential Nominating Convention.
- Assist scheduling and production of online events for the general public and party stakeholders.
Experience and Skills
- At least two years experience in office management or coordination
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders in collaborative processes for collective impact.
- Independent and self-directed
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- Tech savvy. Must have experience with current digital organizing and communications tools, including CRMs.