About the Center for Empowered Politics (CEP) and CEP Education Fund
The Center for Empowered Politics and the sister organization the Center for Empowered Politics Education Fund is a practitioner-led movement capacity organization that trains and develops new leaders of color to grow their power building and co-governing infrastructure. In addition, CEPEF provides capacity building support (i.e. executive coaching, peer coaching, organizational development, fund development) for fiscally-sponsored projects.
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Development Manager to support the Center for Empowered Politics / CEP Education Fund’s fundraising, grants management, and fundraising administrative support to Fiscal Sponsored Projects. This position reports to the Senior Development Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Senior Development Manager to improve, innovate, develop and implement systems for all development processes and responsibilities.
- Supports CEP & CEPEF fundraising, including proposal writing, reporting, grants management and coordination with the Leadership and Finance team.
- Provide administrative support to Fiscal Sponsored Projects (FSPs) around grants and individual donor requests, including but not limited to: share/upload supporting documents, develop memos, set up and manage grant portals, set up fundraising campaign support, etc.
- Coordinate with FSP Support Team as needed to complete requests in a timely manner
- Regularly run reports, file and manage records of grants and donations for FSPs, and support income processing systems
- Regularly track and record individual donor and FSP employee data into databases and contact management systems
- Maintain regular communication with FSP directors and staff about the status of fundraising projects including grant acceptances communication and other updates
- Support development team projects and events as needed
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of CEP, CEPEF and be driven by the mission.
- Team and client service orientation in the context of working with basebuilding and organizing groups
- Ability to provide timely and people-centered communication with external and internal stakeholders
- Detail orientation and ability to manage multiple projects and workflows within cross-functional teams
- Database management experience, donor management systems a plus (Salesforces, Constant Contact, Salsa, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple data sources and compile and sort data sources for entry
- Basic knowledge of analytics to set up and generate meaningful data reports and dashboards
- Basic knowledge of project management framework and experience using project management tools a plus (Asana, Trello, Monday)
- Adhere to established digital and data security standards and protocols
Employment Terms: This position is being offered as a full-time exempt position. Preference for San Francisco Bay Area, open to remote placement for folks who can travel to the bay area regularly (6-10 times per year).
Salary and Benefits: Estimated annual compensation is 48-53K for full-time. Reduced schedule between 20-35 hours may be considered for the qualified candidates prorated compensation. Competitive benefits included.
How to Apply