Executive Director Job Description Draft
The Executive Director of the Friends of James River Park will have the opportunity to help guide the organization into a new chapter. The Executive Director will work with an active and engaged Board of Directors and staff members of the James River Park System, including a close working partnership with the Superintendent to fulfill the implementation of theand other Park initiatives and bring awareness of The Park to a larger, more diverse constituency. The Executive Director will report directly to the President of the Friends’ Group. The Executive Director will also be responsible for ensuring the development of a unified strategy and overseeing the implementation of the direction/goals determined and approved by the Board.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of the James River Park System Master Plan funding strategy and implementation by working with the Board, other supporting organizations, and the City of Richmond.
- Identify and apply for grant opportunities to accomplish no. 1 above.
- Build and sustain relationships to engage a diverse group of current and potential Park enthusiasts, funders, community partners and members in the region to support and enjoy the James River Park System.
- Take a leadership role in increasing operating revenue for FOJRP.
- Work with the Board and committees to achieve their strategic goals for advocacy, finance, communications, revenue generation, and Board development
- Manage Board governance and operations – i.e., make sure committees are meeting and reports for Board meetings are ready in time the Board meeting
- Directly supervise FOJRP employees (only one currently), contractors and contracts.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Board.