Summer Intensive Coordinator: 2021 Summer Intensive Program
2021 Virtual Summer Intensive, Summer Intensive Coordinator
All Star Code is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Summer Intensive Coordinator for our flagship Virtual Summer Intensive Program. Our 6-week Virtual Summer Intensive Program (July 12 - Aug 20, 2021) offers a uniquely transformative experience for our students and instructional staff, sponsored by top tech and finance companies. Our curriculum is designed to inspire, educate, and equip high school young men of color with the skills, entrepreneurial mindset, and networks to pursue academics and careers in a technological world. Summer Intensive Coordinators are responsible for executing program logistics and support for at least two of our Summer Intensive Program cohorts.
- Candidates must have a BA or BS in Communications, Liberal Arts, or Education; or equivalent work experience may be acceptable
- Candidates should have professional experience in event planning, coordination and/or logistics; practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail
- Candidates must commit to a full six week summer program schedule from July to August
- Candidate must commit to a one week instructional training (known as Professional Development Week) prior to the program's start date. Instructors are paid for completing the one week instructional training.
- Candidates must have the ability to engage with a variety of program stakeholders from corporate partners, funders / VIPs, press/media, parents, community leaders, and/or technology executives
- Candidates must demonstrate poise, professionalism and exceptional communication skills (written and verbal). It is critically important that instructors model timeliness and dependability in attendance throughout the program, including sessions prior to program start, during the program, and post-program reporting requirements
- Candidates must model and embody All Star Code’s core pillars: Dare Greatly, Celebrate Failure, and Tell Your Story; as coordinators they must be coachable and model a growth mindset
- Serve as main point of contact and Operations lead for two Summer Intensive Program cohorts of 20 students (40 total students)
- Participate in a one-week Professional Development series prior to the start of the Summer Intensive
- Lead workshops on Core Skills using All Star Code's core skill curriculum
- Manage student, instructor and program logistics for two host sites (40 total students), including core skill student attendance and cohort schedules
- Maintain a positive relationship with our corporate partner host site liaison and employees
- Discover and document compelling stories and session screenshots from All Star Code’s students and supporters, for development and marketing purposes
- Communicate on an on-going basis with key stakeholders, including your teams, parents, and host partners to keep them engaged and appraised of events, and help resolve issues as they arise
- Facilitate planning and delivery of Student Orientation (at the start of the Summer Intensive) and Demo Day (at the end)
- Attend weekly meetings with Program Manager
- Model All Star Code’s mission and three pillars to students and instructors: Dare Greatly. Celebrate Failure. Tell Your Story.
Summer Intensive Coordinators are expected to attend the following:
- Professional Development Week (June 28 to July 2, 2021): Up to 40 hours, which includes the evening of July 1, 2021, for Student Orientation
- Summer Intensive Program (July 12 - Aug 20, 2021): Up to 35 hours per week, from 9am to 5pm daily. For Demo Day (August 19, 2021), there are an additional 4 evening hours to support this milestone event.
- Important: For Summer Intensive Coordinators with school obligations, you MUST inform us of any scheduling conflicts PRIOR to being hired.
Our Summer Intensive Coordinators (Full time, seasonal position) are offered at $21 per hour. Perks include: extended professional development training, access to our All Star Code community, and the opportunity to impact the next generation of diverse technology leaders!
All Star Code is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Who we are
All Star Code is a non profit computer science education organization serving Black and Latino young men. Few organizations prepare this underserved group for careers in the innovation economy. Our ultimate goal is to close the wealth, income, and opportunity gaps. Our mission is to create economic opportunity by developing a new generation of boys and young men of color with an entrepreneurial mindset who have the tools they need to succeed in a technological world. Our vision: All Star Code envisions a country where all young men of color have access to the tools of success, and where the ability to thrive is available to all who are willing to dare greatly.