Kingston Trust Hub Project Leader
ABOUT THE KINGSTON TRUST HUB
The Currency/Exchange subgroup that formed out of the Kingston Resilience last year has been working on a project that we call the Kingston Trust Hub (KTH). The KTH is a hyper local exchange system built on trust that celebrates and grows community wealth through interpersonal exchange. We currently envision forms of exchange that could include time banking, local currency, mutual aid, and direct barter exchange—though through the development of the project others could emerge. You can read about the mission, vision, and values of this project.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This role is initially a year-long position, with a view to ongoing project management. It will require a grant proposal to the funder at the six-to-nine month point in order to fund and continue the project, which will be the build out and implementation of the Trust Hub. You will build out the timeline, budget, and scope of the project as part of this proposal.
In this initial year design use cases and design needs will be developed. The signs of success for the greater project will be a robust Trust Hub that is functioning independently, that truly embodies the values of the project, that is used by the entire community, and catalyses the emergence of a robust and stable local economy.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to listening, designing, and building:
- Project Management
- Product Development
- Economic and Alternative Systems Analysis and Design
- Developing a clear perspective of the potential role of this hub in the existing financial and economic systems in Kingston and the region
- Community Led Design
- Gathering information and possible use cases and design requirements
- Community engagement and outreach
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Understanding of the technology sector that includes experience of product development
- Commitment to principles
- Understanding & knowledge of alternatives to the dominant economic, monetary and other exchange systems
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills
- A deep commitment to understand and be guided by the needs of the broad Kingston community.
- Ability to work independently, in an organized, self-directed and motivated way
- Ability to work well in teams
- Consistent follow through and detail oriented
- A personal commitment to the of the project
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is a full time role for the first year, at which point its renewal is dependent upon a successful proposal to the funder. It will report to the Executive Director of O+, who is then supported by members of the Kingston Resilience Currency/Exchange group. The project will function as a fiscally sponsored project of O+. The salary is set at $70,000. This position includes paid time off and generous benefits.
O+ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being an organization that is inclusive and equitable for all. This commitment aligns with our ongoing work to dismantle structures of racism and oppression within our organization and work. We actively seek applicants from many backgrounds, including but not limited to people with disabilities, BIPOC, LGBTQI+ people, formerly incarcerated people, Veterans, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Candidates should send a resume and a cover letter addressed to Holly Kelly by May 9, 2021. Please put “Trust Hub Project Leader” in the subject line and send it to email@example.com.