Software Engineer - Big Data
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role
As a Software Engineer on the Data team at Kraken, you'll be joining a fully remote group responsible for developing and integrating a variety of systems that impact Kraken both internally and externally. Kraken is growing rapidly and so are the challenges we face. We're looking for talented self-starters who can learn quickly, adapt, and aren't afraid of the word ownership.
- Build software that leverages our data pipelines to meet various internal objectives
- Parse business requirements into technical requirements, estimate project costs, and lead development efforts.
- Deploy and operate software developed by the Data team into Kubernetes
- 1+ years of professional experience working in Go
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with API design and implementation (REST, RPC)
- Excellent cross-team collaboration skills
- Experience gathering business requirements
- Self starter
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with MySQL, Kafka, Kubernetes, Prometheus or Grafana.
- Familiarity with big data tools such as Spark, Presto or Druid.
- Ability to learn other languages as needed
- Experience with Python
- Passion for crypto
Check out all our open roles at . We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us