Information Security Engineer - Infrastructure Assurance and Operations
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
We are looking for a security engineer that likes working in a rapidly evolving cloud-first environment. The responsibilities include all aspects of corporate security and coordination with Business Systems and IT. Responsibilities also include designing models for modern identity management, authorization, and data access. The candidate we are looking for can define and implement a clear vision for appropriately managing scalable models that enable just-in-time access, reduce exposure of compromised credentials, minimize session windows, and provide for auditability and investigation. In this role, you will work with key partners in our IT and Business Systems teams as well as our engineering teams, our release engineering team, and all other engineering groups building out products for the cloud. The ideal candidate has deep technical security knowledge and expertise and will help define and implement robust security architecture strategies, frameworks and governance processes.
Who you are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Drive and influence corporate security across the organization by partnering with key stakeholders throughout Confluent including IT and Business Systems
- Propose, design, build and deploy security solutions, frameworks, automation and orchestration to secure our corporate infrastructure
- Act as a technical lead for corporate security and for identity and authorization programs within Confluent
- Contribute to strategy, risk management and prioritization for all efforts around both corporate security and identity and authorization.
- Design identity and authorization models for production, cloud, corporate, service-to-service, and non-production environments
- Define key performance indicators for measurement of programs under your care
- Contribute to Confluent’s security posture as a subject matter expert
What we're looking for:
- Strong security engineering fundamentals background, especially in the field of corporate security and in Identity and Authorization.
- Proven experience in a cloud-first environment
- The knowledge, experience and perspective necessary to own outcomes, influence stakeholders, and provide effective leadership when it comes to keeping our corporate data, our product, and our customer data safe.
- Decision-maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
- Ability to own and oversee numerous initiatives, while working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, and adjust priorities upon evolving business needs
- A data-driven, decision-making mindset
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workload
- Ability to script or code fluently in an interpreted language
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.