Knock is looking for a creative Marketing Copywriter who understands the hearts and minds of our customers and drives them to take action across all our marketing channels (and then some). Whether that’s on our website, across socials, in emails, or in any other place (digital or IRL) where we connect with folx in our industry, it’s your job to deliver fresh creative and relevant experiences that make people feel something and generate results.
The Go-To-Market team, which includes Marketing, Sales and Customer Success, is a high energy group that loves evangelizing and delivering industry-leading business solutions to both new and existing customers. A happy customer is the best business strategy of all.
The primary objectives of the go-to market team are to generate a pipeline for new, quality sales opportunities, land new customers, expand business within our existing customers, and retain 100% of our customers.
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy that resonates with our audiences, who are people in real life, across all of our marketing and sales channels including website, SEO, video, socials, email, advertising, events, collateral, etc.
- Develop and execute copy tests for web pages, landing pages, emails, digital ads, etc.
- Deliver creative that is on brief, on brand, on time.
- Work collaboratively across teams to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers and prospects that drive results.
- Participate in critiques, brainstorms and prioritization meetings.
- Respond to critiques from multiple stakeholders, and workshop ideas. We’re a collaborative bunch, and have time for conversations or debates. Not egos.
- Pitch/present new ideas for creative, copy and testing in a clear and focused way that uses data and builds consensus within the team.
- Ensure Knock’s brand voice is heard loud and clear (or subtle and clear, depending on goals).
- Translate wonky or techie concepts into effective messages by writing clear, persuasive original copy.
- Flex between tones, styles and mediums, and still have it work for the person on the receiving end of the communication. (“Find your Doris.”)
- Edit for tone, grammar and spelling.
- Work on sometimes tight deadlines, be flexible, and problem solve.
- 60% of time writing, editing, and supporting marketing functions
- 15% of time website writing and testing
- 15% of time writing/creating for socials
- 10% creative inspiration to keep your heart and mind feeling fresh and inspired
- 30 day expectations -- Learn, discover, listen, ask questions. Hear the voice of our customers, and get a feel for the language, and our brand. Start writing.
- 60 day expectations -- Take briefing meetings on your own, and start executing. Develop and present your point of view on your areas of ownership, campaigns and programs where you’ll be a main stakeholder.
- 90 day expectations -- Testing strategy and plan for the website in place. Working alongside the Email Marketer to ensure there is a sustained email program up and running. Work together with the owner to develop the testing strategy.
- Copywriting experience. You live it. You breathe it. You love it.
- You know how writing (across any/all medium) and larger concepts can be used to tell a broader story about a brand.
- Deep understanding of the rules of writing, and a knack for breaking them.
- Ability to write for people and for search engines.
- Demonstrated ability to produce copy that supports goals and objectives, and drives action from business decision makers.
- Testing know-how. You know what to try and why; what to test, and why; and how to do it, and why.
- Fast learner who is comfortable saying, “I don’t know yet.”
- Project management skills.
- Personal attributes: creative, curious, organized. You take the work seriously, but not necessarily yourself.
- Some B2B experience is preferred, but it is definitely NOT required.
- A portfolio with samples and stories that showcases it all.
- Content and/or campaign strategy.
- Tech background or multifamily background a plus. Familiarity with both = unicorn.
- Long-form, narrative writing or journalism experience.
- Managing up and/or managing projects across teams or clients.
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm focused on the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the awesome #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Most Recently These Awards Have Included
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work.
2021 Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work
2021 Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Companies to Work
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily®
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!Show moreShow less