Information Security Engineer
As an Information Security Engineer reporting into the Security & Compliance team, you'll be working on growing the security program and working closely with internal teams to ensure best practices. Ideally, you will have an IT background and have progressed to be a security expert. We are looking for you to keep up to date on new security best practices and develop secure workstations for all our employees.
Our stack includes: Linux, GSuite, Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Detectify, Github, CircleCI.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Assist and enable engineering teams to adopt secure development practices.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Provide software security advice to cross-functional teams including product, engineering, and support and work with engineering and product teams to drive security issues to resolution.
- Define user/workstation security posture and support enforcement tools.
- Safeguard organization’s computer networks and systems.
- Plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks (phishing, spam, etc).
- Manage third party security vendors.
- Recommend security enhancements to management as needed.
- Educate the workforce on information security through training and building awareness.
- Install and use software, such as firewalls, data encryption programs, and anti-spam/malware, to protect organizations’ sensitive information.
- Assist computer users with installation or processing of new security products and best practices for computer, email, and password security.
- Conduct periodic audits of networks to find any vulnerability.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant experience in fast paced engineering environments and
- 3+ years experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, content filtering, and firewalls
- Strong understanding of common network and computer security vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
| | |
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.