Web Developer 2
The Web Developer 2 position will support the development staff in projects that require front-end web development. This includes the creation of interactive media including, but not limited to, websites, emails, multimedia communications, and interface design.
- Uses programming knowledge to create the full-scale execution of various development projects.
- Implement HTML-and-CSS-based solutions for clients.
- Uses sound judgment-making skills, as necessary, to create solutions for various clients’ issues or problems with the project. Knows when to properly escalate issues and/or problems to the next level.
- Assists with design and strategy of UI & UX.
- Develop websites with a CMS, ranging from Wordpress, to Drupal, to Graphcom Creative’s custom CMS based on the Smarty PHP template engine.
- Regularly attend team meetings to share ideas, brainstorm and create solutions to problems and share expertise.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients and co-workers, offering technical expertise and seeking to help foster understanding.
- Continually improve and expand personal and professional knowledge base and skill set.
- Offer insight from a technical and interactive UI standpoint at the beginning of a project life cycle to help explore and define the best solution and execute on time and on budget, and outline potential obstacles at the outset of a project.
- Build and develop HTML-based e-newsletters and emailers, adhering to HTML email best practices to ensure effective delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve HTML email bugs to ensure cross-platform compatibility, especially on mobile devices and Outlook on Windows devices.
- Be willing to pursue new solutions to problems, turning obstacles into opportunities.
- Help explore and define the scope and budget of a project from a development standpoint, offering insight and factors to consider that might lengthen a project timeline.
- Document and share process information, keep files organized on the local servers as well as posting to Graphcom Creative’s internal project management system.
- Develop and maintain professional communication skills.
- Maintain open and effective communication with all company personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- AA/AS degree in Computer Science/related field and/or 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to read and understand basic technical procedures, customer specifications and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and other employees of the organization. Ability to interact with internal as well as external customers and present a positive attitude.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to use abstract reasoning subject to supervisor approval in situations departing from accepted procedures and practices.
- Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Exceptional communication skills both oral and written skills are required to support RFP efforts. Requires excellent interpersonal and multitasking abilities as well as strong organizational skills.
- HTML/HTML5+, CSS (CSS3, SASS)
- Experience with CMS platforms such as (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience with e-commerce platforms such as (Volusion, Magento, WooCommerce, etc.)
The following items are not required, but will give you a significant leg up over the competition:
- Experience in Blackbaud NetCommunity and Blackbaud Luminate.
- Video and photography production and post-production.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Adobe Audition.