Full Stack Engineer
Spark’s mission is to improve the post-retirement journey for 70M retirees in the US today. We’re starting with a focus on healthcare, specifically Medicare benefit navigation, since managing your health is one of the most consequential decisions you have to make as soon as you retire.
We’ve raised $3.6M to date from top VCs and founders and have already launched with a navigation service that reaches thousands of clients through our first cohort of Medicare advisors.
About the role
As an early engineer, you will help the team develop the Spark platform that will power our ability to create meaningful engagements between Spark members, insurance brokers and Spark navigators at scale. We’re looking for an engineer who is excited to launch solutions that lead to the greatest customer impact and wants to be in an environment where they can have significant impact from day 1.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with product to learn about the nuanced relationship between agents and retirees and the benefits that ultimately will improve retiree outcomes
- Use your business and user context to contribute to potential solutions to solve user pain points
- Be accountable for new feature development which includes managing the development process from initial implementation scoping to the launch and maintenance of new product features
- Play a key role in establishing both the engineering and broader company culture as we navigate early stage growth
What you’ll need
- Prior experience with full stack web development, ideally in an early stage environment
- Experience with Python/Django
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- A background in developing internal and external APIs
- Demonstrated experience shipping web applications to a production environment
- Product intuition and an interest in the relationship between tech investments and their intended business outcomes
- Comfort with ambiguity and fast-paced environments
- A collaborative nature and comfort working with team members throughout the company
What’s nice to have
- Experience with modern web technologies like reactive UI and Tailwind CSS
- Experience developing and deploying on cloud infrastructure
- A history of vendor integration through published APIs
- Strong sense of web design and the fundamentals of user experience
We’re looking for high-integrity team players of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description, please drop a line if you’re passionate about providing a trusted advisor for the 10K+ adults aging into retirement each day.