Are you passionate about working with socially progressive nonprofits? Then join our team!
O’Brien Garrett is an award-winning direct response fundraising agency looking for an experienced Account Director to be a key driver of client relationships and success. An ideal candidate is client-focused, strategic, organized, and detail-oriented. If you love the challenge of keeping up with a fast-paced environment while leading dynamic campaigns, this is the position for you.
O’Brien Garrett is a collaborative team environment that encourages professional growth. You’ll work side-by-side with a talented group of professionals committed to helping forward-thinking organizations realize their fullest potential. Headquartered in Washington DC, we also have a New Orleans office located in Bywater.
As an Account Director, you will:
• Serve as the main point of contact for the direct marketing contact at each client. Managing and exceeding client expectations is the top priority.
• Have daily contact with the client, as well as regularly scheduled conversations to have deeper conversations about performance, analysis and program strategy.
• Drive the scheduling of regular strategic meetings for the group, including performance reviews, budget strategy setting and messaging/creative reviews.
• Design the budget strategy and build out the budget and cash flow documents.
• Prepare detailed performance reports and strategic overviews for client meetings
• Drive the preparation of the Strategy Memo, identifying goals, audiences, testing and messages, to kick off a mail and/or email effort.
• Work with staff writers and the client lead to ensure that copy and art guidance meets the creative direction outlined in the strategy memo.
We have identified the following competencies as key for this position:
1. Customer Focus
4. Use of Technology
6. Problem Solving
8. Creative Thinking
10. Presentation Skills
11. Data Driven
12. Strategic Thinking
The successful candidate will have some combination of the following attributes:
• A minimum of five years of experience in project management
• Experience in direct marketing and/or production preferred
• Strong written, verbal and people skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs, Slack, Asana, and/or other project management software
Our client work often focuses on policies that impact the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from disadvantaged communities, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.