Who are we looking for?
The role of Staff Counselor is suited to fully qualified / accredited Psychotherapists / Counsellors. The Staff Counselor is a key part of both the Spectrum Therapy team and the Employee Assistance Programme which provides access to professional services including psycho education and brief therapeutic support to employees experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
This service runs over seven days per week.
Fully accredited membership of a recognized professional body or organisation which is governed by a recognized code of ethics and disciplinary process is required. (i.e. IACP, ICP, APPI, PSI etc.)
What is the role and what are your responsibilities?
Employee Assistance Programme
- Carrying out screening assessments over the phone
- Responding to email queries via shared mail inbox
- Scheduling appointments, liaising with clients and clinicians
- Operate within all policies, procedures and guidelines of the service.
- Support of our Psychological Triage team
- To liaise and consult with other professionals working across the service as appropriate
- To participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary.
Development of Service
- Contribute to research
- Evaluation of the EAP service as required.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
What experience and qualifications do I need?
- A recognized qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy, with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Fully accredited membership of a recognised professional body or organisation which is governed by a recognised code of ethics and disciplinary process (i.e. IACP, ICP, APPI, PSI etc.).
- Experience working with a variety of clients reflecting a wide range of clinical presentations.
- Experience of screening clients & carrying out initial screening appointments.
- Basic computing skills: word processing, email, internet, ability to use a CSM software package.
- Experience working with clients using short terms models of therapeutic intervention, particularly CBT.
- Experience working within an EAP service.
- Experience working on phone lines.
- Ability to work therapeutically in a language other than English an advantage.
What competencies do I need?
- Organisation skills
Work from home option can certainly be discussed.
Salary range: 35-40k depending on experience.