Product Management Director/Lead (Applications)
The sudden rise in new remote work models has triggered an increase in the adoption of collaboration tools, an acceleration of digital transformations, and the need for visibility into how work gets done. Legacy metrics for assessing productivity in the workplace alone, are no longer sufficient for making the right business decisions in today’s reality. Companies must redefine their tech stack and data-driven dashboards to gain insights into how to inspire employees, boost team efficiency and promote positive outcomes-- all while building a culture based on trust and transparency. Redefining the measurement of performance in the workplace is one of the most important things an organization can do to modernize their workplace. And at ActivTrak, we’re taking on this challenge.
ActivTrak is a product-led, innovative software company that introduced it’s award-winning workforce analytics platform in 2015. Our cloud-based platform provides productivity insights into how teams work, improving employee and customer experience, while also enabling better business outcomes. At ActivTrak, we recognize the powerful link between these two concepts and we're on a mission to understand it more every day. Alongside 8500+ paying customers, our team uses the platform internally to assess team and organizational performance, hone product features, develop best practices, streamline processes, invest in new innovations, and promote a culture of immediate feedback and transparency.
We are a fast-growing, agile company with a forward-thinking, inclusive culture. Our teams are encouraged to collaborate daily to solve challenges, create and champion new ideas, and execute initiatives that help global customers and their modern workforces succeed by working better together. We’ve grown our team to over 100 people, raised over 70M money from some of the best venture capital firms around like Sapphire Ventures and Elsewhere Partners, and have experienced triple digit growth with ARR in eight figures. Customers love our product - with an average rating of 4.7/5 stars across 800+ online reviews.
What you will do:
You’ll own the vision and performance of our user-facing applications, leading a cross-functional team to provide the best experience for organizational leaders, team managers and members using ActivTrak. You reject the false tradeoff that business software has to be complex, hard to use and are excited about being at the forefront of the new wave of consumer-like experiences in the enterprise.
- Drive user adoption and recurrent use. Develop and lead the ActivTrak application strategy and roadmap to drive mass adoption and recurrent usage by teams (managers and team members).
- Embed ActivTrak insights into our users’ lives. Perform user research to understand our customers and create delightful experiences that help embed ActivTrak’s workplace analytics into their daily and weekly workflows.
- Be accountable for the end to end commercial success of the products under your management.
- Be exceptionally pragmatic. Working in a start-up environment requires that you’ll be able to make the right trade offs to progress projects while balancing constraints and input. We’re looking for a candidate that can be pragmatic, and has the ability to make decisions based on data while collaborating with a high performing team of product managers, designers and engineers.
- Be customer-obsessed. We believe understanding the customer experience across pre and post sales activity helps our team build amazing products that solve real problems. Getting to know our customers and the challenges they face through conversations, research, and engagement with our community, will be a powerful input into this role.
- Care deeply about your own productivity. Through understanding your own productivity and the productivity of those around you, you gain better insight into our customers’ challenges. We’re looking for someone who wants to talk openly about their own productivity successes for the purpose of innovation and performance elevation.
- Work & collaborate with high performing team of product managers and designers
We’re looking for an experienced Product leader that has the following characteristics:
- You have 10+ years of experience in product management (SaaS B2B or B2C)
- You have a proven track record building successful applications that leverage analytics and artificial intelligence to translate insights into action and are used by thousands of users on a daily basis.
- You have experience building work management and/or team productivity applications
- You inspire the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems.
- You create, iterate, and evangelize a roadmap. Thoughtfully break down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- You have experience managing product managers, mentoring them, creating great team morale and sharing best practices.
- You have a passion for data-driven and metrics driven decisions.
- You have a technical background and the ability to collaborate with engineers, design and cross functional partners.
- You possess excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS/BA required, MBA preferred.
- Position is remote within US
- Minimal travel may be required when traveling restrictions are lifted
- Limited physical demands
We have seven foundational values that are core to who we are and how we work:
- Customer-focused: Our customers are the lifeblood of the business
- Respectful: Treat everyone with respect, decency and kindness
- Innovative: Be bold; experiment and learn/fail fast
- Data-driven: Measure what matters most
- Open and direct: Engage is open and direct dialogue across teams
- Accountable: Be accountable to each other, our customers, our partners and yourself.
- Execution-oriented: We value the spirit of debate, new ideas and fast decision-making
This is an incredible opportunity to embark on an exciting journey with an early-stage, dynamic VC-backed company. If you have a positive attitude towards urgency, risk, and challenges that comes with working in a startup environment, then you will be a great fit! To see the many faces of ActivTrak, visit.
ActivTrak is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. ActivTrak does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #LI-REMOTE