Customer Service Specialist
What We Do ?♂️
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows owners of underutilized swimming pools to monetize their pools’ downtime by sharing them locally by the hour. Think Airbnb, but for swimming pools.
How We Started ??♂️
Swimply was founded by Bunim Laskin in 2019. As the eldest of 12 siblings and lacking resources for his family to escape the heat, Bunim thought of offering his neighbor financial assistance in exchange for some pool time. Before long, others in the community cut similar deals with her and she was turning a handsome profit. The rest is history.
Our Mission ?
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. Our current focus is on swimming pools but we will incrementally expand the platform to include all kinds of underutilized spaces (so long as they’re awesome).
We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community.
We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button -from their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where we are now ?
Swimply experienced incredible rapid growth (4,000% YoY), largely driven by customer love, word-of-mouth, and robust media coverage. In just the last six months, over 3,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 45,000 transactions have been completed (up from 1,000 transactions in 2019), and over 200,000 swimmers have enjoyed a stranger's pool.
We aim to build a world-class customer service organization whose goals are to make our Swimply hosts and guests happy and engender loyalty. You will assist in providing support to our Swimply hosts and guests, answering all questions related to their Swimply bookings and resolving issues around their reservations, cancellations, payments, refunds, and more. You will work towards not just satisfying their issues, but creating customer delight and brand loyalty. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will be the frontline hero for our community.
What You'll Do
- You’ll provide world-class customer experiences by interacting with Swimply hosts and guests via phone, email, and chat to provide successful resolutions to their most important concerns
- You’ll excel at handling customer inquiries of varying types
- You are an active listener and can leverage probing question skills
- You understand customers pain points and advocate their concerns internally
- As the voice of the Swimply brand, you will help build up our reputation with your friendly and warm personality
- You’ll get to work with leading technologies and systems while having a dedicated team of leaders and peers to support you
- Ideally, you'll have 1-3 years experience working in a phone/chat/email support environment
- Familiarity with web-based customer support tools like Zendesk and Slack
- Experience working in a fast-paced or startup environment is a plus. Adaptability and patience are key
- Great written and verbal communication skills: You should love writing to and speaking with customers
- Empathy is crucial. You should possess the skill to make people smile no matter what circumstances they present nor what issues they are needing assistance with
- Pressure makes you perform at a high level and you can handle stress well. Conflict resolution skills and a personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment is highly recommended
- You live and promote our company culture. You align with Swimply’s mission, and are self-aware and maintain a positive attitude in all situations
- You are a go-getter and a self-starter. You are organized and a strong problem solver, with the ability to think outside the box
- You love to be counted on and are highly dependable
- You offer a flexible schedule (days, nights, holidays and weekends). We are looking for someone who is willing to work 30-35 hours/week with the possibility of working longer hours during peak summer months
- Since this is a remote work position, you’ll need excellent internet connectivity
Our company is fully remote, and we're assembling a team of extraordinary talent to build our community-driven marketplace. We aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness in the world for local communities.
It's an excellent time to join because:
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools ?), and is in service to our community of hosts and guests
- You'll receive Swimply credits for free swims for you, family, and friends to experience our customer journey first hand!
- While this is a seasonal and part-time role, if you outperform, there will be opportunities to move full-time and receive benefits (medical, dental, life insurance) and career advancement opportunities