Business Development Consultant
Are you passionate about financial security and opportunity being accessible to all? Do you have business development experience? Do you have strong research, and communication skills and the desire to play an integral role in cutting-edge work?
Commonwealth is looking for a consultant whose primary focus will be on the development of the first Autosave for Emergencies (Autosave) programs in the country. Read more about the initiative, and Commonwealth’s work with the CFPB that enabled it,.
is seeking a Business Development Consultant on a temporary contract for 20 hours per week potentially up to the end of 2021 to conduct outreach to employers, financial institutions, and other third party vendors to develop leads for an Autosave program, with the goal of securing commitments from an employer to pursue submitting a CAST application to the CFPB. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and expertise to effectively pitch the Autosave opportunity to employers and financial service providers.
Scope of Work:
Consultant will lead a short-term project on the business development component of the Autosave work, conducting outreach to new and existing leads (businesses and financial institutions) to generate interest in and secure commitments from organizations to submit a CAST application to the CFPB for an Autosave for Emergencies program. Based on policy developments, this scope of work and deliverables are subject to change.
1. Secure 3 commitments to pursue an Autosave CAST application, in the form of MOUs between organizations and Commonwealth, with an employer of at least several thousand employees or a financial institution committed to partnering with an employer of at least several thousand employees by the end of 2021
2. Secure at least 2 employers who submit CAST applications to the CFPB
● Conduct research on companies with over 4,000 employees, with a significant amount of LMI employees, identifying promising industries and developing a list of organizations and individuals to contact
● Conduct outreach to generate interest in and secure commitments to an Autosave for Emergencies program
● Develop and update collateral materials, including presentations, one page summaries of Autosave for Emergencies, and additional materials
● Lead pitch meetings, presenting on Autosave for Emergencies, answering questions and sending follow-up to move the project forward
● Support meetings led by Commonwealth staff on occasion, taking notes and preparing follow up communications
● Track and report on industry developments, across multiple industries, consumer research and public policy issues
● Develop a brief report on industries to prioritize and companies to pitch
● Develop/refine an Autosave for Emergencies pitch deck
● Lead and/or support meetings with external leads on a weekly basis
● Summarize meetings in which a Commonwealth staff member does not attend and share with key Commonwealth staff
● Introduce at least five organizations, approved by Commonwealth, to the CFPB for conversations about submitting a CAST application
● Secure three MOUs with an employer or financial institution to pursue an Autosave for Emergencies application with the CFPB
● At least 2 employers submit Autosave CAST applications to the CFPB
This is a remote based 1099 contractor position for a total of 20 hours per week. Rate is commensurate with experience. Location is flexible but must be able to work on US EST business hours. The contract can extend through the end of calendar year 2021, weeks commencing as soon as possible.
Submissions for consideration should include your resume, availability to start and a brief overview (or portfolio) of your experience. Please send your submission to. No phone calls.