Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at
About the team:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Payments Team you write and ship code for some of the most critical components of the company. You must consider yourself highly capable of working under pressure, quickly, efficiently and independently. A highly rewarding position is that your code will be used immediately and its impact far reaching and high value, but this position is not for the faint of heart. Bitso is seeking a high achieving, creative, intelligent and confident engineer willing to put their skills to the test. Your responsibilities will include incorporating new currencies (both Crypto and Fiat) into the Bitso ecosystem, ensuring the accuracy of all transactions, problem solving, solutions proposals, code review, bug solving and internal project development focused on data-analysis or inter-team enabling. The position is limited only by imagination and capability
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Payment on-ramp and off-ramp development
- Familiarity with software based financial integrity processes
- English language proficiency
- Understand the requirements of Bitso's products
- Design and implement software tests
- Help and correct bugs on the platform
- Drive new feature development.
- Architect systems and improvement to scale our product and platforms.
- Ship code for high growth, high visibility markets, every day, for hundreds of thousands of users.
- Write high-performance code designed for scale.
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange.
Potential “to succeed in this role you’ll need”
- Have experience with architecture and requirements engineering
- Financial software development
- Have knowledge of the operation of cryptocurrencies
- Act as a mentor within the team and with other functions
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful
- Salary: We pay very competitively in the countries where we operate, based on sophisticated high-tech markets
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with an attractive bonus plan.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You chose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office.
As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.
This role is expected to work remotely.