Are you passionate about user experience? Do you love combining qualitative and quantitative research? Do you want to join one of the UK's most exciting tech start-ups and play a key role in developing an ambitious product with a global impact?
Flourish is empowering the world to visualize and tell stories with data. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics, presentations and interactive stories without coding. Since our launch in 2018, more than 500,000 registered users have produced more than 5 million graphics, which have racked up more than ten billion views.
Our customers include leading newsrooms (such as BBC and FT), major corporates (such as Goldman Sachs and Moody's), NGOs (Amnesty, Rockefeller) plus universities all over the world.
We're looking for a UX researcher to join the team, reporting to the head of product.The role
You will be the voice of the user in the company, playing an important role in the development of the product. Using a mix of analytics, user testing and direct user interaction, you'll help us better understand who uses Flourish, how they use it, and how they'd like it to develop. You'll also help us understand the users for whom Flourish is not yet a fit, and those who try it but don't become active. Specifically, you will:
- Deeply understand Flourish user behaviour
- Communicate finding to the product and commercial teams
- Identify and investigate problems and bottlenecks in UX flows
- Track and report funnel metrics
- Use Flourish to visualize and tell stories about how our users are doing
- Communicate directly with users via live chat and other mechanisms
- Run remote and in-person user testing
You are a curious, data-driven researcher with a passion for modern software. You're excited by the Flourish tool and the company mission. You're absolutely committed to helping our users succeed, by identifying quick wins and shaping the longer-term future.Must-haves
- Professional experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of analytics best practice
- Relevant experience in a software or related company
- Experience optimising customer funnels
- Data visualization and storytelling
- Google Analytics
- Relevant data coding experience (e.g. SQL, Python, R or JS)
- Strong user empathy
- Analytical rigour
- Self-starter suited to a startup environment
- Our company: Flourish is a small team combining decades of collective experience in development, data, design, visualization and journalism/publishing. .
- Our culture: We're a friendly and supportive group that values kindness, honesty and fun. We're open and try new things with enthusiasm. And we're high-momentum, focused on delivering magical products that our users love. We socialise as a team at least once a month.
- Our interview process: We make our hiring process fast and straightforward. Typically there is brief initial call and online screening test, followed by an interview designed to be rigorous but friendly and collaborative.
- Our location: We are largely a UK-based team, with a few exceptions. We used to be based in a fun office in Clerkenwell in central London. This was closed at the start of the COVID crisis. We intend to get a new office in London in 2021, most likely in the Shoreditch area, but we do support remote working.
- Competitive salary depending on skill and experience
- Remote working is welcome (the majority of our development team is remote), though after lockdown lifts, it would be a plus if you could be at our London office every few weeks for sprint planning/retros and socials
- Flexible hours, and respect for work/life balance (not “startup hours”)
- Lots of potential for career progression
- 30 days' annual holiday
Please follow the Breezy-HR link.
We're committed to equality and diversity in the tech industry, so we'll be especially happy to see applications from under-represented backgrounds.
Sorry, but we won't be able to sponsor visas for this role: please do not apply if you do not already have the right to work in the UK. We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies for this role.Not right for you?
Please spread the word instead! Andto stay posted about Flourish.