Senior UX Writer and Content Strategist
About the Opportunity
We are a team of 20+ Co-Founders with expertise in business, technology and design who are seeking a VP, User Experience. We have developed a breakthrough and disruptive sports sponsorship and marketing solution that will revolutionize the way corporations and brands select sponsors for campaigns, maximize their investment in those sponsors, and objectively monitor their return on investment.
We currently have 3 different algorithms in patent-pending status. We have an advanced prototype of the application, currently building our MVP, and are entering into relationships with multiple Fortune 500 partners as part of our pilot program to optimize their sports marketing spend. We are also going through a brand refresh and website relaunch in April.
We Value: Maintaining a transparent culture based on high trust, lack of bureaucracy, and a highly collaborative mindset.
SportsBiz is hiring a Senior UX Writer and Content Strategist. More than words, the ideal candidate understands the science behind the storytelling, the power of great information hierarchy, clear terminology, and can help users navigate their way to a desired outcome. Candidates must be able to also support in a marketing and branding capacity in the codification of our voice, tone and personality through multiple channels. Reporting to the Chief Creative Officer, you will be a key member of the team helping us continue establishing SportsBiz as a leader and first-mover within the sports marketing industry.
- Minimum 8+ years experience writing, editing, testing and optimizing copy and content as a UX Writer, Content Strategist or similar role
- Maintain a strong point of view on content strategy and UX writing as a key component of creating best in class experiences
- Create content strategy deliverables including (but not limited to) content models, content audits, content maps and taxonomies
- Develop content frameworks and stories that show outcomes and educate partners on the practice of UX writing
- Deep understanding of user experience process and how content strategy, design, research and engineering come together to make experiences more intuitive and frictionless
- Influence and contribute heavily to the development of the SportsBiz voice, tone and personality. Ensure content and tone is fluid and consistent across multiple marketing materials and initiatives, pitch decks, sales scripts, website, etc.
- Participate in all necessary internal and external meetings — briefings, status, brainstorming sessions, and presentations — with various stakeholders and leaders. Seek out diverse perspectives and talents of others.
- Operational excellence: ensure delivery of high quality work, on time and on budget
What We’re Looking For
- Emotional intelligence and understands the importance of personal brand across an organization. Builds and expresses that brand in an authentic, credible and transparent manner.
- Portfolio examples that demonstrate your craft as a UX Writer, Content Strategist, how you solved problems and contributed to desired outcomes
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Experience creating and maintaining style guides.
- Relevant industry experience working within Agile product teams (client or agency side), sports industry a plus
- Facilitate and apply Design Thinking techniques to solve customer and business-related problems a plus
- Interdependent team player and collaborates across groups and functions, fueled to be a creative, self-starter and problem solver
- Passionate about taking vision and conceptual ideas and turning them into something useful and valuable for our B2B users
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the broader executive teams
- Yearns for excellence and continuous iteration of products to serve client base
- Listens well, has excellent speaking and writing skills and can articulate decisions and process
- 8+ years UX writing or content strategy experience
- A portfolio that displays an exceptional understanding of user-centered, thoughtful writing, strategy and storytelling
- Familiarity in a variety of design and collaboration tools such as Adobe XD, Figma, Mural or Miro a plus
- Solid working knowledge of JIRA and participating in sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand ups
- Experience in SaaS product development a plus
- Proficiency in Google Suite and presentation software like Google Slides a plus
- A passion for professional sports a plus
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, near-Series A fundraising environment.
- Degree in Design or Art; Visual Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study. Masters a plus.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
The Senior UX Writer and Content Strategist will join the company as a Founding Partner, with a highly dynamic compensation package that (upon funding) includes a base salary, bonus, equity, revenue sharing, and benefits. The Senior UX Writer and Content Strategist may commence as a part-time team member and transition to full-time upon SportsBiz's securing of its partial round of fundraising.
What you get in return beyond working with such a great team: an opportunity to make a significant contribution to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base, advanced personal learning and development opportunities, comprehensive healthcare plan, status as a founding partner of the company which includes a generous revenue generation and equity package.
SportsBiz Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings